5 steps to start your day!
By : Vik
Over 1 year ago
"Mornings can be really tough. The reality of the aching body and the worries come back like a boomerang. Sometimes the night wasn't even restful, and you start the day with a lot of energy already drained.
It's time to leave the depths of your bed and jump into the wobbly adventure that is your life.
For those days, I have 5 rituals to start off smoothly:
1. Gentle: Giving myself time, right there, as soon as I wake up, savoring the first rays of light from the bottom of the bed.
Check on myself by asking "How do I feel today? "and think of at least one nice thing that this day could bring me.
2. Self-care: Take a trip to the bathroom to take care of myself! Freshen up my face, do some gentle gestures around my eyes to help my skin deflate. We can also choose to look into our own eyes, and say a nice thing or two. Kindness begins with you!
3. Full presence: Drink a cup of herbal tea while observing my environment or my bunny frolicking and return to the simplest of things.
Reminding myself that life is just that. Warm water in the morning helps to complete the body's elimination cycle.
4. Pleasure: Continue reading a book, watch videos, respond to my friends.
This is my procrastination time to rekindle positive emotions and motivate me to start the day. I follow up with writing my todolist.
5. Move: do some stretching, take a walk outside or just tidy up.
It allows me to tidy up my brain as well as my space!
And you, what is your morning tip to start the day?
Let's get together on Vik Asthma to help each other out."
Camille Vorain, your health coach.
All the articles
There is no such thing as a small victory when you are a patient
How to continue making plans despite the disease? This is the question that psycho-oncologist Giacomo Di Falco answers in this article!
Preserving your relationship when living with a disease
Living with a disease can be a strain on both partners in a relationship. Here are a few tips to avoid falling into traps that could harm the longevity of your relationship.
Asthma: 4 tips for a better life during the winter
Winter is here and the air is dry and cold: a known trigger for asthma attacks. Meet Aurélien, Doctor of Pharmacy and medical product manager for asthma. In this article, he shares his tips on how to cope during winter with your asthma.
How to better apprehend Blue Monday?
Blue Monday is knownto be the most depressing day of the year. Although this idea has no scientific basis, it is true that at this time of year we lack light, it is often cold, and moreover the month of January seems like a “full of Mondays” month.
Conscious walking: recharge your energy while walking
In this article, Eleonore, a chronically ill cancer patient, introduces you to the practice of conscious walking (also called Afghan walk) and its health benefits.
How does winter affect libido?
Loss of sexual desire, depression, fatigue, mood disorders and a reduced immune system are all signs that can manifest during winter, when there is less natural light. Read all the tips from sexologist Sebastien Landry to protect your libido during winter.